DON’T LET YOUR CAT EAT THREAD!!!

I spent all day yesterday at the vets because my youngest cat Havok ate a thread so long it was caught on his tongue and went all the way into his colon! He would have died if they hadn’t performed surgery to remove it. I left my machine threaded the other day and when I came back in the room he had gotten a hold of it and had pulled it all over the room. This is something he’s done before. I didn’t really think anything of it, I was just mad he’d messed with my thread again. Then he started throwing up and acting lethargic. After a day of that I took him to the vet and sure enough there was the thread anchored to his tongue. His surgery is costing me about $2500, this is an expensive lesson to learn not to mention a scary one. I’m definitely putting my thread away now. This is a warning for those of you with animals, please keep your thread, pins, and other notions out of reach. It’s not worth loosing your pet or having a huge bill to pay. 

ImageDon’t worry the iron wasn’t on. 😀

 

WARNING THIS IS GROSS: Here is the thread that came out of Havok. 

Image

 

 

Advertisements

One thought on “DON’T LET YOUR CAT EAT THREAD!!!

  1. ooo poor thing! Love the pic with the iron! wouldn’t be surprised if it had been on. our cats used to basically lie in the open fire. lol

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s