What the hell!?

Okay so this was my second attempt at this custom logo for a customer. This happened in two places last time. I went in and fixed the design as best I could but there was still an odd line I couldn’t get rid of. That line turned into that gap when I stitch it out. I was so frustrated because I knew it had to do with my digitizing.  I read thought the book I got “Digitizing made easy”. There was a section on stitch length that really help. Plus I went in and changed my start/stop positions and that eliminated the weird line (gap) problem. I didn’t bother finishing the design once I saw the gap. Why waste thread and time.

image

New books

I’ve been having such a hard time getting this embroidery machine to work for me it was time to enlist some help. Since my Bernina dealer keeps cancelling my software classes I had to opt for self teaching.

image

 

 

*edit*

After reading both books from cover to cover I’ve gained new knowledge and was able to fix several issues that I was having when stitching out some of my designs. The first book Machine Embroider with Confidence should have been given to me with my embroidery machine! It was just a rehash of all the stuff I had spend the last 8 months researching and finding out on my own.  The second book, Digitizing made easy, was not as comprehensive as I wanted but it was more than helpful with the digitizing process. Again another book I wish I had had months ago when I got my software.  Either way I highly recommend these books for first time machine embroiders!

Pants hanger stabilizer organizer

I was trying to find a way to organize my embroidery stablizer and noticed that all the cardboard tubes are the same size. At first i thought maybe they would fit in paper towel holders and i could just hang a few on the wall. However i have limited wall space so that wouldnt be practical. Then it hit me, in my closet was a pants hanger holding all the pants that dont fit me. Viola! Stabilizer organizer! Now just to figure out where to put it.

image

Halloween hair clips

So as you know I was using my new embroidery machine to stitch out some cute little hair clips. It started with a pumpkin and went from there. Here are the finished products.

 

Available for purchase here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112422785/halloween-hair-clips

New embroidery design

I probably spent about 6 or so hours digitizing this pattern. I took the top left rose that was a design already in my software and mirrored it. Then copied just the flower and some of the petals, shrank it and rotated it to make the center flower. That’s pretty easy right? Wrong, there were jump stitches EVERYWHERE! I spent the majority of the time on this reorganizing the pieces of the flowers so that I would get the least amount of jump stitches possible. It was hard because each tiny line of the flower was a separate object. Trying to figure out how to reorganize them was a pain in the ass for sure. But once I figured it it was easy to see what needed to be done. This is the biggest design I’ve ever done the whole thing is one color,  35,112 stitches which took 78mins to stitch out but it came out perfect on my first try. I’m so excited that I’m getting better at digitizing and embroidery in general. 

 

Image

Image

New pumpkin hair clippies!

Sorry I missed a week. I’ve been working on a few new projects trying to get ready for Halloween. Trying to learn more about my embroidery machine. So here is the first look at the beginnings of my Pumpkin hair clips. I took some felt and am going to cut around them and sewing them to a backing piece so I can add a little stuffing then glue/sew them onto a clip. They’re going to be so freaking cute when they are done! 

 

ImageImage

ImageImage