First let me apologize for the long break I’ve taken from updating this blog. At the end of last year my life kind of fell apart and I’ve been slowly putting the pieces back together. I spent several months dealing with severe illness and then the passing of my mother in December. It’s been a very long to get back to my life and my business. I’m not all the way there yet but hopefully I will get there someday. Right now I’m just here, doing the best that I can for today. I have a few exciting projects I’m starting this year. One of which is me getting back into cosplay! I will be attending Phoenix ComicCon this year with some friends as the main characters from Final Fantasy X, the first FF game I’ve ever finished!
Thanks for reading! See ya soon!
I’m not an artist I’m a seamstress so it’s no wonder that painting is not my forte. I’m not happy with the way the shells for my costume came out but I think I’m going to deal with it because I don’t have time to find real shells or to order a pre-made shell bra. Here are some progress pictures of the shell top. I used a heat gun to mold the craft foam into the shell shape.
Cutting out the shape
Before and after shaping with the heat gun
Color reference and finished shell.
Finished bra with shells attached to top. I think I’m going to cover the bra with some of the same material from the tail so it’s doesn’t look like I covered a bikini top even though that’s what I did.
So I’ve just moved in with my boyfriend of two months and he’s got a charity that he gets donations for then sells at yard sales. While yard sale-ing with him yesterday I found the cutest tiny hat! I about screamed with joy when I found it in a huge box of crap. After wearing it all day, much to my boyfriends delight, I had a thought “I could totally make these!” So that’s what I think I’ll do. Not sure when it’ll happen but this is one of my back burner projects now.
This costume was made for my friend Devon for Anime Expo 2006. I used nylon/polyester fabric for the main body of the costume, trimming it in gray cotton bias binding. The cape is cotton the bottom design is appliqued on the main piece. Unfortunately I was rushing and didn’t get pictures of the process. But you can see how it looked on Devon compared to the picture of the character.
The color difference in the charters outfit in the pictures was Devon’s choice of fabric. This picture of the Character is not 100% accurate but it was the closest we could find. The actual color of the character’s main outfit fabric is more like the color Devon is wearing.
This costume was also made for my friend Devon for Anime Expo 2006, unfortunatly I didn’t get any pictures of her in it. It was made with cotton fabric. The top fabric was originally white and I dyed it orange, then I appliqued the flowers on the shirt using the same white fabric. The pants are double layered yellow cotton. All the jewerly for this outfit was made by hand by me. The braclet is clay beads I shaped by hand and then painted. The necklet was easier, just a chain I already had and a glass bead.
Here is a costume I made for my friend Colette for Halloween 2005, it’s a modest veriation of Aeon Flux. Since in the cartoon Aeon herself changes outfits more Cher there’s really no “one” Aeon Flux outfit. My friend designed this verison so that it fit her body type and her vertures. Being as most of us women don’t like to run around Hollywood in a thong.