Halloween hair clips

So as you know I was using my new embroidery machine to stitch out some cute little hair clips. It started with a pumpkin and went from there. Here are the finished products.

 

Available for purchase here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112422785/halloween-hair-clips

Advertisements

New embroidery design

I probably spent about 6 or so hours digitizing this pattern. I took the top left rose that was a design already in my software and mirrored it. Then copied just the flower and some of the petals, shrank it and rotated it to make the center flower. That’s pretty easy right? Wrong, there were jump stitches EVERYWHERE! I spent the majority of the time on this reorganizing the pieces of the flowers so that I would get the least amount of jump stitches possible. It was hard because each tiny line of the flower was a separate object. Trying to figure out how to reorganize them was a pain in the ass for sure. But once I figured it it was easy to see what needed to be done. This is the biggest design I’ve ever done the whole thing is one color,  35,112 stitches which took 78mins to stitch out but it came out perfect on my first try. I’m so excited that I’m getting better at digitizing and embroidery in general. 

 

Image

Image

New pumpkin hair clippies!

Sorry I missed a week. I’ve been working on a few new projects trying to get ready for Halloween. Trying to learn more about my embroidery machine. So here is the first look at the beginnings of my Pumpkin hair clips. I took some felt and am going to cut around them and sewing them to a backing piece so I can add a little stuffing then glue/sew them onto a clip. They’re going to be so freaking cute when they are done! 

 

ImageImage

ImageImage